Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Fun


     

                                                Jack O-Latern Poem

                                                                  (Author Unknown)
                                                              I am a Jack O' Lantern
                                                           My light will shine so bright

                                                          For I am a Christian pumpkin
                                                           My symbols tell what's right.

                                                            My nose is like the cross
                                                            on which our Savior died

                                                             To set us free from sin
                                                            We need no longer hide.

                                                            My mouth is like a fish
                                                       The whole wide world to show

                                                       That Christians live in this house
                                                           And love their Savior so!

                                                        The story starts at Christmas
                                                           My eyes are like the star

                                                           That shone on Baby Jesus
                                                          And wise men saw from far

                                                              My color it is orange
                                                           Just like the big bright sun

                                                           That rose on Easter Day
                                                         Along with Gods' own Son.

                                                            And so on Halloween
                                                         Let's set our pumpkins out

                                                       And tell the trick or treaters
                                                       What Gods' love is all about!

     We did our pumpkin today, and it was a lot of fun!  I found this little poem and decided to cut out the shapes in the poem and have the kids stick them on.  We were going to cut the shapes out, but since I kinda wanted to save the pumpkin for fall decoration we used ticky tack and will save Mr. Pumpkin for Thanksgiving decor as well.   We as always have been busy since last spring and fall is no less busy.  The whole summer was filled with birthdays, family, weddings, and fun.  We also had some more unfortunate events like a funeral of a loved one and more surgery for the little man.  In the end of August we started homeschool Kindergarten for our oldest little girl and we have loved it.  Not that there hasn't been times of struggle and frustration, because there has, but for the most part it's been great.
     We get a lot of different responses and reactions when we tell people we are homeschooling. Including "Oh...well..." and "Oh really? We know some people like that...."  Some people are encouraging and like "Good for you!" and others.. "We didn't know you were like that...good luck..."  But you know, I could get caught up in what people think, and I have at times.  I feel though that God has been teaching me over and over again to trust Him and know that He is in control.  Seven years ago homeschooling would have been one of the last things that I would have chose.  I guess that's the beauty of how God works, He asked us to and how can we help but obey?  I would have not chosen this path but I am so thankful that we did.  There is something very beautiful in teaching my own children. To instill our faith in every part of our lives.  To see how you can incorporate Jesus and God's truths in our children's education. And to be there for every step so far is a blessing.  I love choosing curriculum, I love the conversations, and I love what God is doing.  Is it hard? Yes.  Is it worth it? YES!
On our nature walk
Had to put this one on since she wouldn't pose for the pumpkin one


1 comment:

  1. I love that poem! My nieces and nephew are sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete