This summer we have been busy! We've had family, holidays and birthdays! We've also been gardening, playing outside, making crafts and making my own cleaning concoctions.
Here are our chickens who we thought were all hens but it turns out that two may be roosters. The crowing from the backyard has been further confirmation. Guess we won't be getting as many eggs as we thought in a few months.

This is our weed patch that we try to tame into a garden. We actually got a lot of food out of it last year and hopefully we get more this year! It's been extremely hot so there is not so much clothing being worn lately...


Here are the newest additions to our little homestead. Baby E and the four little kittens. Cookie, Ruby, Bonnie and Clyde. We really can't keep all these kitties but they're so cute that when it's time to give them away there may be tears...

I've been taking every friday to do some crafts and sewing with my mom. These are three of the table runners I've made. I also made a flag for the the 4th but do not have a picture yet of it. And lastly, like I said, I've been making my own cleaners and laundry detergent. And the funny thing is they work! I enjoy doing these concoctions and save money in the process. And what I've come to realize is that saving money is as good as making it. Especially since I stay home. I also have been very aware of the chemicals in everything we use and eat. Half of which I seem to be allergic too since I had my son. So I've been making my own. I've also been doing research for other ways to use common things around the house for other needs. Such as the uses for Apple cider vinegar to treat yeast infection and other ailments. The use of hydrogen peroxide to spray on nasty spots in the carpet. I've been making my own breads, pizza crusts and hamburger buns. This does not make me a super woman at all. In fact I've not figured out any of these things alone, but have found them out by other people who already do them. And in fact most of these things take 5 minutes to do, except for the detergent maybe. Here are a few links to where I found these cleaning recipes and thought I would share.This is where I found my detergent, counter top spray and glass top stove cleaner recipes:
http://theblissfullycontentlife.blogspot.com/2012/03/homemade-cleaning-products.html
This is where I found my DIY Shout spray for stain removal on clothes (this really worked! My four year old spilled red juice on her cute 4th of July shirt that was white. This spray took it out!), and dishwasher soap. I used the one that you just use dish soap, oxy clean, and vinegar. She also has tons of other awesome recipes and projects that I plan to try like homemade sun block. Her blog is called One Good Thing by Jillee.
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/homemade-solutions
As far as my walk with Jesus, things have been up and down. I do not spend as much time in the word as I should, and find that since my life seems more chaotic sometimes. I know that I cannot have the strength to be the mother I want or need to be without the guidance I need from reading my Bible and spending time with Him. But He has enabled me to find the time to some of these things that can help my family finances, even just a little, and also enjoy myself a little. Even sewing my own table runners saves me the money from buying twice the price at a store. I do know that recently I have felt more than once like I could lose my mind with all the responsibility and things that I have now with three kids, husband and home. I find myself in tears over the little and big frustrations that come with it all. I had the chance to go spend some time with other moms and was relieved to hear they all felt the same. And that though this is not the easiest thing we've ever done it is one of the most important. I only have my children at home for so long, and therefore only have so much time to teach them all they need to know about Christ and following Him. If it doesn't happen now, it will be very hard for them to learn it later in life. But I just heard today that the most satisfying jobs are the ones dedicated to service to others and giving of your time. And the list wasn't even made by Christians. I would have to say that my job is satisfying, though I don't see a lot of reward yet. Good night hugs and kisses are enough for now right? So in a way yes, this thing called motherhood and homemaking is as impossible as I feel it is. But with God's help I can do all things.
Psalms 78:5-7
He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments;





No comments:
Post a Comment