I know that you all have probably been reading all sorts of things about the meaning of Christmas. I myself have heard different people's ideas on what it all means. I like the presents and the lights as much as anyone, and don't worry I have no intention of getting on my soap box. I have just really felt a pull lately to really see Christ in my life in general, and I think that even though Christmas is about Him we make it about other things. Because I've realized in the last few weeks that it isn't even just about the baby Jesus, even though that is nice. Who doesn't like thinking and singing about baby Jesus? It's about God coming down to lay down His life, to bridge the gap that our sin creates, and making a relationship with Him possible. Everything that He does is to bring Himself glory and so when we see the nativity, we should see the cross. When I was meditating on this today, I just felt so grateful that Jesus humbled Himself. Not just to lay in a dirty manger but also hang on a rugged cross. Don't get the wrong idea about me, I am not holier than thou, I'm not even close. I have more faults than most people I know, but these thoughts really hit me today. My husband and I have been trying to get our Christmas shopping done without breaking the bank, and I have been fretting about whether or not the presents I bought everyone so far are good enough. I even have lost sleep about things that are out of my control completely. But as I think tonight of Christ and His sacrifice all those things seem foolish. Jesus came, He humbled Himself, He died on the cross, and He rose again. He is God, and He has me in His hand. That is all I need know tonight.
 |
| These are a couple of my nativity scenes |
 |
| Even my kids have their own nativity scene |
 |
| Little princess with baby Jesus |
No comments:
Post a Comment