Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Freezing!

     I have always liked colder weather.  I mean I love spring and summer, but I grow tired of being hot.  I don't mind being cold as much, cuz you can always put more on but there is only so much you can take off.  I remember as a kid that my sister and I shared a room downstairs and our room was right next to the room with the fire place.  It would get so hot in our room, or so it felt to me and sometimes I had to open my window in the dead of winter.  My sister hated it but what are you gonna do when you're sweating in the middle of winter?  Right now where I live it is 0 degrees and with windchill it is -20 degrees.  Maybe it's just because I'm older or maybe I've become weanie but IT IS COLD!  I feel like my bones are frozen and I think the kids are moving slower today so maybe they're frozen too.  I have put on more layers which has helped and really like I said at least I'm not boiling right?
     I again have nothing really new to write about, since my son has been sick once again.  My husband and I attempted to have a date night on Saturday and my in-laws came to watch the kids.  An hour later we got a call that my son had tossed his cookies on his grandpa.  Since then he's not been feeling well, and I hope that he will feel better soon.  I do not do well with that, and once again I find myself in a stage of growing because there is no one else to clean it up.  Just me.  Let's just say that yesterday when my husband came home I had never been happier to see him.  He has a much higher tolerance for vomit than I do. We were also sorry to hear that my brother-in-law got sick yesterday night, which we're afraid that the little man might have passed on this plague to his uncle. 
     We were very excited to hear that my sister will be coming to see us in about a month or so.  I was super happy to hear that, and my daughter got really excited to hear that her auntie was coming.  It'll be fun to see her in person for them, even though they do enjoy skype too.  The little princess and the little man both become camera hogs when we chat, and no one else gets a word in.  Especially when the little man gets on, he gets very serious about his chatting  when we get on skype.
     Tonight I go to MOPS which I haven't been to since November.  It's either been cancelled or my kids have been sick so hopefully tonight I can go.  I feel a bit nervous about going since I really haven't felt as of yet that I fit in.  I only really know one person, and I can't expect her to babysit me : ) So I have been praying that I would connect with someone and enjoy it.  Either way, they do have some good speakers and I learn something interesting each time I go.  Well I must be signing off, but I hope all of you are having a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment