Thursday, February 3, 2011

Still here

     I wish that I actually had something to say that would impress all of you for the reason why I hadn't posted anything for awhile, but really I've just been busy.  I have gotten things accomplished though, and I have felt (until the last couple of days) that I had been getting things done.  I organized my pantry so that we could actually see what we have in there.  I was able to clean everything in there and store more than I had in there before.  My husband and kids helped, so it was a little family project.  Although having my children peel all the papery outer shell off all the onions on the floor might not be considered help by some. 
     We also decided that the little princess needed to maybe do a project once in awhile to help her learn, have fun, and give her something to think about instead of wanting to watch a show all the time.  She needed a little more stimulation for the mind, so by the suggestion of my sister I made a little matching game.  She loved it, but I don't know how long the joy of playing this game will last.  I'm starting to realize maybe I shouldn't have used such pretty paper.  But the sparkly and colorful pages really was a hit with both kids and we played with the pictures all night.



     I don't know why I couldn't get the pictures to go the right way, but I think you get the idea.  Anyway, I also was asked to join a women's life group by one of my good friends which really meant a lot to me.  I haven't felt like I was connected anywhere or even welcome.  I have tried another group that is for mom's but I just didn't feel like it was the right fit really.  So I went and I was pleasantly surprised that I felt pretty comfortable for being the new person, and decided that I would keep going.  One of the lady's was a mother of six!  She was super nice and did not act like she had it all together.  We were talking and I told her that I was not an organized person and struggled with housework and getting my kids on a normal schedule.  She said, "Me too!"  She told me that I just had to find a way that worked for me and my family, and normally she just went with the flow.  "With six kids what else can you do?"  I liked her. : )  The other ladies were nice too, and I am excited to see them next week.
     Like I said I have been trying to work on my resolutions though, and have been doing a fair job.  Not on the losing weight thing really, though I am not gaining any and that is an accomplishment in itself.  But I have been trying to keep the house in more order, though the pile of laundry behind me betray me....  I do have help though, but like I said whether or not it's help is a matter of perspective.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a good time at the women's study! The cards look great. When they look all sparkly and colorful the kids want to play with them so I can imagine they were a hit! I'll look around to see if I have anything else for ideas. Adra starting to look a lot older! Like a little lady. I can't believe Ezra's walking already! It was good to talk and see you yesterday on Skype!!! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rache!!! I love your blog! I haven't updated mine in a while. But hope to do something to it today. I don't how you find the time to blog unless you are doing it in sessions throughout the day LOL!!! I feel your pain...I feel like I am somewhat organized (getting there but never exactly how i want it) but that happens when you move. Get to start over..get rid of stuff and put stuff where you want it from the beginning...ya know? Anyway, I was talking to Debra the other day about the books I am reading and she said she thought it was the same books you read. KAREN KINGSBURY!! You read her stuff? I am so on her banwagon right now! I have read UNLOCKED, A THOUSAND TOMORROWS and JUST BEYOND THE CLOUDS. If you haven't read her books you would love them. She is a Christian author. I have found a lot of her books at Goodwills and they are like new! Well gotta go post my blog while I have a few..Safin is watching Strawberry Shortcake (don't ask) LOL!!!
    Love and miss y'all,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete