Monday, February 21, 2011

Some catching up to do...

     I have had a pretty full last couple of weeks.  I will not bore you with all the little details, but my family was once again sick.  This time with the stomach flu, again, and we seem to be just coming out of it.  We did get to have some fun for Valentine's Day though which was good.  My husband sent me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries.  He also got me a gift certificate to Starbucks.  He said we would use it to go on dates, if we have the card and money already spent, we'll actually take the time to do that.  We hope to do that soon. 
Valentine meal for the kids
     We have also been looking at a few houses here and there, but have not found anything yet that catches our eyes or agrees with our budget.  It's hard sometimes not to get caught up in everything.  Like worrying about things like having a house or nice things.  Sometimes I think that we worry more about finding a house than our relationship with Christ.  No wonder He hasn't given us one right? It's like a little wake up call like, "Hello! Get your priorities straight!"  It has been nice for me to be in that women's group that I joined with my friend.  Every week the leader asks us if we are in the Word consistently and if we have been honoring our husbands.
     That brings me to my most recent challenge to myself.  I signed up for the 30 day husband encouragement challenge with Revive Our Hearts.  Everyday they send an email with something to encourage your husband with for that day.  I wouldn't share this so that it would be a secret from my ever hunky husband, but of course he saw it since we have the same email.  Good thinking on my part.  Anyway, I'd like to say that it has been wonderful and I can't believe how encouraging I am, but I have not been doing that well.  Ever since I took this challenge I have found it hard to follow through with the promise to not say anything to or about my husband that is not honoring or uplifting.  I have been having a hard time with my attitude and with my speech.  For some reason, more than usual, I cannot keep from saying things that come to mind.  I need to hold my tongue, but instead it all comes out.  The thing is, that everything I have been going to, everything that I listened to a week or so ago was about this.  I realized I needed to be better, but instead I've gotten worse.  We have been more tired with him working two jobs and me being sick along with the kids.  Seriously though, you would think that trying to be more conscious of it would make it easier.  Anyway, I am ashamed of the way that I have been speaking to my husband, and it's more of my attitude than anything else.




He's started to pose for pics
The little princess too
     The thing is, why is it so hard for me to love my husband in the way that I am supposed to?  I mean I do love him, and I do desire for our marriage and love to be better everyday.  I just find it harder to have a sacrificial attitude and patience for him.  I think that mothers always worry about their children.  Whether or not our kids feel loved, praying for patience for them when we have none.  Why can't we do this for our husbands?  I'm sure you can sense my frustration, but I know that I have to keep trying.  Although I have failed everyday so far.  I have to continue to try because it's not just about the 30 days that I'm doing this.  This is about what I will make of my marriage for the rest of my life.  So if any of you out there think about it, pray for me.  Pray that I will honor and respect my husband no matter what.  God didn't say to honor him when he deserves it or when he is especially loving to me.  He has commanded me to honor and respect my husband and that is all.  I just want to have a heart that is submitted to Christ and to following His word.  And this is what His word says.  Besides that, I love my husband and I want him to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment