Maybe some of you already know, but we have just bought our first home! It's not that big and it's not extremely fancy, but we think that we are going to be pretty happy there. It's on an acreage, it's by the river, and it came with a tractor. It's also not a very old home and has only been lived in by one person, and I do mean literally one person. There are some things that we will eventually need to do to it or will want to do, but for now we are very happy that it is move in ready. I grew up in the country and that is one thing that I always wanted for my kids. We were so sick of town, neighbors and the random people that come into our yard and on our porch at 3am.
My husband is very happy, and I'm glad that it all worked out because I know that this is very pleasing to him. He has also always wanted to live in the country even though he grew up in town. He has also always wanted to live by a river. Or at least have a cabin by one. And somehow we ended up getting a tractor in the deal and two snow blowers. We don't really need two, but you know whatever works. Now I have been looking at colors to paint the rooms and desiring to buy new things to decorate my new home. I find that all the sudden what I have now is not what I want anymore. Which is stupid, because I wish I would not get caught up in all that.
I'm a woman after all, though, and we cannot help at least thinking about things like this all the time. I just want people to be impressed when they come to see our new home. I know this is wrong thinking, and when I sit down to think rationally, I know that what I desire more than anything when people visit is that they would feel comfortable and see Christ in us. I am just going to have to check my thought life when it comes to my home and realize that some of those things don't matter. Because I'm pretty sure that by entertaining these thoughts too much of wanting more that discontentment will settle it's ugly head in my heart.
Congratulations! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to come see. :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see it in a few weeks!!!
ReplyDelete