Friday, May 20, 2011

Cryptosporidium... Fancy word for sick as a dog part 2

     I have not written lately, and the reason is that my husband and I have been sick.  Along with one of my sister's and my mom, we somehow caught one of the most awful little parasites.  Cryptosporidium. We're not sure how we got it and we're not sure when it will leave us but it is awful.  I did not have it quite so bad as my husband or my mom, but it was still awful.  My husband had it so bad he ended up in ER.  He tried to make it to the next morning but even his body looked like it was wasting away.  It took 3 IV bags to get him looking a little better.  I was pretty scared, cuz I'm usually the one that has the weird stuff happen and ends up in the doctor or ER.  We closed on Wednesday and we made it through all the signing and paper reading, but we were both miserable.  Then we went and tried to do some things in our new house, but those things remain unfinished.  I struggled all week, not only being the only well enough to still help the kids, but I also had to let go of all my plans I had for moving into our first new home.  Yesterday we hit bottom, more emotionally than anything, and I sat on the floor with my weeping children and cried with them.  After I was done feeling sorry for myself, I told myself that none of it mattered.  All that mattered was that we get better and that my children hadn't got it yet.  My house is in absolute chaos and we're no closer to moving than we were weeks ago, except for the fact that we have to move in a week or so.  But yesterday I let go of all my plans and I finally relaxed and allowed my plans to change. And I find that very liberating.  God finally got my attention, and said to trust Him. So I will, as best I can.  And whether organized or not, we will get moved and the house painted and clean.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hadn't heard any of this. Prayers for you guys. Lemme know if you need anything...I'm not that far away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. we researched "Cryptosporidium."....sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete