Lately I have been convicted in the fact that I do not pray enough. One of my favorite radio pastors did a series on prayer, and I found it very interesting. He talked about why we pray, the proper ways and reasons to pray, and how. He talked about how prayer is not just there to tell God what we want or to whine. That it is so much more than that. Now I am not an expert on prayer by any means, and in fact I realized that I don't really spend that much time in prayer. I realized that I have times that I do ok, but usually it's when the kids are sick or something important is happening. I also feel that there are times that I pray that His will be done but I really want my will be done and God to be ok with it. I would just like for it to get to the point that I would grow every so closer to Him that my will would be molded to His, and I wouldn't have to fret so much about it. I have confessed this to the Lord and now am trying to see what my next step is. I would like to read a book or meet with someone who is a great prayer warrior but I have yet to find any of these. Not that there aren't great prayer warriors, it's just my time never seems to be my own to truly seek these things out. But I will, I am determined to get back on track with my heavenly Father, who lucky for me takes me back anytime I would seek Him.
On an interesting note, if you check out kearneyhub.com you will see a huge mountain lion that was shot just a few blocks from where I live. I was a little creeped out by this, but luckily it was taken care of and no one got hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment