I love the classics, especially the books by Jane Austen. She is my favorite and I love that time period and history in general. I also love to read and study literature. I know, nerd. But anyway, I came across this quiz and I have had it at the bottom of my blog for a while now, but I realized that no one probably had seen it. So here you go, and if you have an inkling to take the quiz let me know sometime which one you're most like.
Lately I have been reading Elizabeth Gaskell's novel North and South. There is also a four part movie that was made from the book which is really good. So I found the book for free on my kindle, and I have been loving it even though the movie is not quite the same. But they never are so it doesn't bother me. She also wrote Wives and Daughters which is another one of my favorites.
I think it's interesting how these old classics speak a lot on faith and religion. In the book I'm reading now there are a lot of references to God and the heroine Margaret Hale praying or feeling ashamed for her lack of faith. I don't know if Elizabeth Gaskell was a Christian or had any faith at all. But in the time period this book was written, around 1855, God was part of society. It just naturally made it's way into literature at times. Just an interesting thought I had while reading last night :)
I watched the new Jane Eyre movie a couple of weeks ago and wished you were there to watch it with me...we can't have our classic movie nights anymore :( It's just not as fun without you haha. Have you seen it?
ReplyDeleteNo I haven't but I want to. I know, it's not as fun to watch by yourself : ). When we come to your place this winter, we'll have to watch a few. Have you seen Under the Greenwood tree? It's on instant on netflix. Did you take the quiz? Which one are you?
ReplyDelete