Lately I we have been thinking a lot of our upcoming addition and it has nothing to do with the extra bedroom we want to add on. It does have to do with another little person who will be added to our family in the spring. We are very excited but my excitement doesn't show through as much as it could due to morning sickness and all that goes with first trimester. We know some people think we're crazy, but we know that God desires this child to be and it's not like this is my 20th kid right? : ) Although some days it feels like it might be.
The little princess is the only one of my kids that really realizes that there is something happening and it involves a baby. She did think for a while that a new baby meant we had to trade in the little brother. Fortunately, this did not make her happy and told me that her brother was her best friend and we were not going to get rid of him. We had an ultrasound done to check a few things out, and she got to be there and now it makes a lot more sense to her. Now she knows that the baby is in mama's tummy and that the little man's position is safe. She's really excited now and asks me everyday if the baby will come today. How I wish it could but no I tell her, not till spring. If spring seems like a long time to me, it must seem like an eternity to her.
Homeschooling continues but just at not such an enthusiastic pace. I have been fighting to maintain some normalcy but it's been very difficult. Plus I find myself seeing that the curriculum I picked is a little too simple. My little princess has surprised me with how fast she can do a project. But when you get one on one attention for projects I guess you would. We still struggle with the concept of letters and their order and even why we should learn how to write them. She has really resisted learning them, and I haven't really found a way to help her yet. But numbers and shapes have come easier and so maybe I have a math person on my hands, which is a totally foreign language to me. : ) So I've just been praying about what to do, and seeing if there is a different program that I can add to the fun projects that our current curriculum has.
YEAH!!! That just cracks me up when you told me that she thought she would have to trade in her brother for a new one :) Anyways, maybe learning a song or making up a song like A is for apple, B is for Baby going on a beat that's fun. Oh and there is always Sesame Street they maybe would have activities you could tweak or printouts because they are big on alphabet but I haven't actually looked to see what they offer so who knows? Just thoughts that popped into my head. Anyways just wanted to say I am so excited to be an Auntie again!!!
ReplyDelete