I love fall, and I know we're not quite there yet but I love it so much I'm just going to pretend that it is. I even love fall colors, so I already changed my blog to fall. Fall is a favorite for both me and my husband. It's when groups and bible studies start, it's when it gets cooler and pretty outside, and for my husband: football. My husband likes sports in general, but the only one that he is adament about watching is football. Which at first I did not understand, and sorry to say didn't want to understand. But the longer that we've been married, I have also enjoyed watching with him. Not that I would ever watch a game by myself, but it's something that he loves and I love him. We even like to go on Friday nights when my old high school plays and walk around the field, since it's on the college campus, and watch and walk with the kids. I also like all the other things that seem so much better in the fall. Food, hot drinks, and getting together with family and friends.
Another thing that I have began this fall is homeschooling my daughter preschool. She's still a little young for a full blown curriculum, but I found an online resource written by a Christian lady who homeschools her kids. It's a really neat site, and we have been having a lot of fun with it. I won't lie, the first day or two I wondered if maybe homeschooling was not for me. My daughter and me were just not on the same page at all. I felt like everything that I taught her was hitting a little, stubborn, brick wall. But now we've worked out some of those kinks and it's been fun and even rewarding. Suddenly she has started retaining the information and saying it on her own, and even works very hard and enthusiastically. I have prayed about homeschooling since she was born, since before actually. Five years ago I would have said, "NO" to even the suggestion. But God has a way of changing hearts and giving patience when needed. Plus this has been such an awesome way for me to spend time with my daughter when her brother is sleeping. Oh, and the title of this post is just how my daughter says her memory verse. I thought is was cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment