Monday, August 1, 2011

Pictures...lots o' pictures

Moving into our new home
My Bathroom with the purple shower curtain
What a mess!
     We moved into our new home in the end of May.  It went fairly smooth considering that we were still recovering from being real sick. When we moved in we had a big surprise, there was a lot of flowers growing all over the yard.  I thought that eventually we would get to planting some, but here we already had some!
In June we actually had a few Tornado warnings and we ended up getting acquainted with the storm shelter. We were lucky though.  There were several people around us that only live a few miles away that had damage or lost their homes.

We also gained two little kitties that were given to us by my parents.  They've been great fun for the kids and even for my husband, but their main job will be to catch mice.  I don't know if they have taken their job seriously yet, but I do hope they have potential.


     My daughter also had a birthday this summer but I might post some pictures of that later. (It took me 45 minutes to upload these pictures). Other than that we've been having fun this summer just hanging out and working in the yard.

     We are also looking forward to the fall.  Mainly because we have been having a heat wave and I am ready for it to cool down.  I'm also looking forward for my mom's bible study to start again in earnest, since summer makes for intermittent attendance. And I'm excited to start a home school preschool program with my daughter.  We've been praying since, well, she was born, about whether or not to home school or not. I thought that starting her with a program for 3 yr. olds would be a good way to see if it would suit. I was excited to find a curriculum that a lady had developed, and it's all online. So I can download or print off any thing that I might need to start and the ideas this lady had for crafts and activities are cute and usually Bibically based. I know that at times it won't be easy, but my husband and I feel like this may be where God is taking us, and is asking us to sacrifice to teach our children at home. So we'll see. I"m excited and I think it'll be fun and a learning experience for the whole family.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Pictures! Looks like they finally set up your internet. Ezra looks a lot taller and older than I last saw him! Wow! Looks like your house and yard is coming along great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah internet!! Apparently the box where we're getting our internet was/is under water. From irrigation. Welcome back to the country! :) Yeah, I'll post some pictures of their new haircuts. They both got short cuts!

    ReplyDelete